Money is a topic that that we can often be too embarrassed or sensitive to talk. Therefore, we wanted to highlight our five top tips to gain power over your finances.
Secret Sisterhood is partnering with State Home Loan to offer some of our Sisters free financial advice. We are doing this, as we believe all women should be empowered to take control of their finances and be financially independent.
Here are our 5 top tips to gain power over your finances:
1. Be intentional about where your money goes We all earn money and need it to live. Whether it’s to pay off your debt, a loan, to save up for a house, or a holiday we all need to make daily decisions regarding money. First step is to be intentional about where your money goes. To do this effectively, work out each month where you would like your income to go. Do you want to deposit a certain percentage to your savings account every month? Do you want to spend more money fixing up your house? Whatever it is, be intentional and plan where you want your money to go.
2. Change your mindset What is your mindset around money? Is money hard to make? Is it abundant? Do you feel as though your financial future is uncertain? Or do you feel like you can use your money effectively? Mindset around money is everything, it creates your reality. When you feel empowered and in control it can help you make more effective financial decisions. You can control your finances, it does not need to control you.
3. Being open to communicate If you are making financial decisions with a partner then communication is key. Firstly, is it amazing to know you have someone to talk to. Often financial decisions can cause stress and anxiety, therefore by talking decisions through with a partner it can relieve some of the stress. Secondly, it is always great to get a second opinion and perspective on a decision. There are often many different strategies that you can take with your financial decisions, therefore it is important you and your partner are both aligned.
4. Research financial help Financial decisions are often scary and hard, especially when you don’t know much about the area. Luckily, we have so many free resources at our finger tips thanks to the internet. Researching more about loans, mortgages and credit cards will help you make more informed decisions in the future.
5. Get the right help Finding the right services or people to talk to will give you confidence in your options. Our friends at State Home Loans are offering free financial advice to our Sisters. They can provide loans that ask for minimum documentation, maximum flexibility and instant approval. State Home Loans review your income, debt repayments and daily spending to give the best advice for your situation.
Speak to an expert today to get a hold of your power over your finances and reach your goals in no time!